Information about parking in Cambridge
Driving to and parking in Cambridge
Only an hour’s drive from London, Cambridge is easily accessed by both the A14 and the M11. Unfortunately the medieval street pattern of the city centre isn’t particularly conducive to on-street parking, but there are still some public and private options available to motorists.
There are five multistorey car parks that are all relatively centrally positioned in Cambridge. These are Grafton East, Grafton West, Grand Arcade, Park Street and Queen Anne Terrace. Prices vary but - as an example - Grafton East currently charges £2.10 for up to an hour, or £24 for a day. Cambridge City Council also offers a ‘live availability’ feature on their website for all five of their multi-storeys; this can be found at https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/check-live-availability-at-our-multistoreys
If you would prefer not to drive into the city centre then there are also a series of Park and Ride options in Cambridge. The five locations are:
- Milton Park and Ride (for the north of the city)
- Madingley Road Park & Ride (for the west of the city)
- Newmarket Road Park & Ride (for the east of the city)
- Trumpington Park & Ride (serving the south-west of the city)
- Babrabam Road Park & Ride (serving the south-east of the city)
All Park & Ride locations charge the same flat rate of £1 for up to 18 hours. A return bus journey into town then costs an additional £2.70.
The third option for Parking in Cambridge is via the four pay-and-display car parks. These car parks tend to be on the edge of the city centre, but also tend to be a little cheaper than the multi storeys. The four locations are:
- Adam and Eve Street (maximum stay 2 hours, £2.10 for up to 1 hour)
- Castle Hill (no maximum stay, £2.50 for up to 2 hours)
- Gwydir Street (maximum stay 2 hours, £1.80 for up to 1 hour)
- Riverside (maximum stay 8 hours, £1 for up to one hour)
Private Parking Options:
To avoid the stress of driving around and finding a public car park, why not pre-book your space with JustPark? We have over 65 parking spaces in Cambridge, with prices as low as £2.40 per day.
Rent out a space
Got a spare driveway or garage in Cambridge? You can list your parking space for free with JustPark. It only takes a few minutes to get up and running, and you could be making money in no time. Find out more here.
Check out the JustPark app
You can now book any one of our 200,000+ JustPark spaces on the move with our mobile app - available for both iPhone and Android. View parking options, pay for a space and get directions - all with just a few taps of your phone.