- If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Personal information collected and use of this information
Core Account Data - although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a member of the Service, or make a booking for a parking space with our parking space owners we will collect the following data.
- Name - we need to store this to identify you in the provision of our service. It will be shared with space owners you make a booking with and users on our platform which you send messages to.
- Email - we’ll send emails to you about your bookings and the JustPark service. We won’t share your email with third parties (including space owners and drivers).
- Photo - if you upload a photo, we provide it to space owners so they can identify you and we use it to personalise any reviews you leave about parking spaces.
- Number plate (VRM) - we store this for enforcement purposes. We share this with third party enforcement companies along with parking session dates and times, and sometimes your name, subject to terms outlined in separate Data Sharing Agreements held between JustPark and these third party companies outlining each company’s obligations relating to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- IP Address - this is used by us and some of our third-party providers to identify your device in the provision of our service. It is also used for fraud checks and to ensure a secure product.
- Payment method - payment method details you provide (including name, email address and sometimes address) are sent directly to PCI-compliant third party payment providers (PayPal, SagePay, Braintree, JudoPay). They are not stored on JustPark servers and JustPark employees do not have access to these details.
- Booking history - we store a history of where and when you’ve booked parking to make repeat use faster and easier for you, and in interest of your and our accounting purposes.
- Phone number - we store this so drivers can contact space owners and vice versa. Phone numbers are only shared when you’ve made payment for a booking. We also use it to make repeat use of our pay by phone service faster. We may contact you via phone should there be any issues with your bookings or account.
- Reviews - if you choose to leave a review for a parking location, this will be shown to other drivers considering booking the space (only showing your first name and the initial of your last name).
Parking Space Listing Data - to list your parking space with us we will collect the following data:
- Parking space address - we use this to show drivers where your space is. We only reveal the full address to them after they've paid to park in it so that they can navigate there. Before that the driver can only see the street name and a map pin showing the location of your space.
- Space description - this is a public-facing description you provide when adding your space which helps drivers decide if a space is suitable.
- Photos of your space - these public-facing photos help drivers decide if a space is suitable and help them access it on arrival.
- Facilities - these are public-facing space attributes, which you can optionally provide to help drivers decide if a space is suitable for them.
- Access instructions - if you provide these when adding your space, they are used to help drivers access your space. They are not shown to the driver until they have paid to park in your space. Once the parking session has finished, they are hidden from the driver.
- PIN code for accessing space - if you provide a pin code (e.g. for a gate) it is given to drivers to help them access your space. It is not shown to the driver until they have paid to park in your space. Once the parking session has finished, it is hidden from the driver.
Location data - subject to you giving your consent to do so, we’d like to occasionally store your location services data to improve our parking availability engine - which helps us show you and other drivers when we think spaces will be available to park in. We’d like to store the following three types of data:
- Searched from location - the latitude and longitude of the location from which you make any parking searches.
- Non-JustPark spaces navigated to - these are the non-reservable spaces we list.
- Log of arrivals at non-JustPark spaces - if you choose to enable background tracking on our app, we use your phone’s location services to determine if you arrive at spaces you choose to navigate to. We only store arrival success or failure, not your exact location over time. We do not track your location when you have not chosen JustPark to help you find a space for that journey.
Other use of this information
- We may notify you of certain offers and new products, subject to you giving your consent to do so. You can opt-out of this use at any time by updating your preferences on our website.
- We may use this information in order to:
- make general improvements to our Service;
- analyse how customers are making use of the Service;
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- For users domiciled in the UK, we may use third party suppliers to provide part of our service to you. In some circumstances these providers may be based in countries outside the European Economic Area whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under UK Law. In such circumstances we will have in place strict contractual arrangements that will require your information is processed securely, at least to a standard equivalent to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Cookies - When you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer.
- Storing details about your site preferences (for instance, where you are based);
- Storing details about any properties or listings you have viewed;
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
- Core Account Data - although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a member of the Service, or make a booking for a parking space with our parking space owners we will collect the following data.
Right to erasure (also known as ‘right to be forgotten’)
- You have to erasure of your data from our systems. This can be done by going to the Data Preferences section of your Dashboard page of our website.
- After consenting to us using your data as described in this policy, we will retain it on our system for as long as we deem to be a period within which you may return to use your account. This varies from individual to individual depending on account activity. After that period we will close your account and delete your data in line with this policy.
- You can remove your personal data from JustPark at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring your information outside of Europe for UK users
- If you use the Site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.