Howdy! So kind of you to join us. We’re here to help you get the absolute most out of your JustPark experience by offering insider tips and tricks – and today, that means beefing up the earnings from your parking space listing.
1. Upload photos of your parking space
Our research has shown that listings with photos receive 3x as many bookings as those without. Whether or not your spot is photogenically flanked by gnomes and fountains, drivers love photos because they make it easier to locate your parking space. We recommend at least:
- One close-up of the space itself;
- One of the approaching view from the road.
2. Improve your listing description
If your description is a spartan one-liner, the chances are that it could benefit from some TLC. What may seem obvious to you to probably won’t seem obvious to a driver who is new to the area.
- Format the description of your parking space as clearly as possible – ideally in bullet points, for increased readability.
- Include details of visual references such as “turn right at the shrubbery”, “look out for a silver 26 plaque on the fence, “park directly in front of the yellow garage door”.
3. Accept “instant bookings”
This could earn you up to a whopping 5x more income from your parking space. Because instant bookings allow drivers to book a spot right away – with no need for the submission and approval of an enquiry – you’re tapping in to the vast pool of people who are on the hunt for a last-minute answer to their parking prayers.
NB – there are some exclusion criteria to bear in mind:
- If your parking space isn’t available 24/7 (e.g. your own car is parked there sometimes);
- If human interaction is required (e.g. handing over a key fob);
- If you offer services such as airport pick-up.
4. Respond promptly to enquiries
This is obligatory if, for whatever reason, you’re unable to offer instant bookings. We quite often hear complaints from drivers who sent a message to ask a question about the parking space, but the property owner didn’t respond for several days – by which time the driver had booked a space elsewhere. Prevent situations like this by keeping a close eye on your messages (if your space is no longer available, please make sure you update your calendar availability).
5. Upload a profile photo
The internet is awash with sceptics, and proving that you’re a Real Person – with a face and everything – helps to engender trust between members and eradicates the fear of the unknown. Ergo: more bookings.
6. Ask someone who has used your parking space for a review
Positive review = credibility = trust capital. Ask and thou shalt receive: while many people will post a review of their own accord after they’ve made a booking with JustPark, some happy campers need a gentle prod. The good news is that drivers are usually very happy to oblige when a property owner reaches out via our messaging system to ask them nicely if they could bash out a sentence or two of feedback.
7. Review your pricing
If, after following steps 1-6, you’re still not getting as much JustPark action as you’d like… it’s time to crunch some numbers.
- Listings without a Minimum Retail Price (MRP) generate 4x as much revenue as those with one. This may sound counterintuitive. However, most bookings made on our site are short-term, so if you don’t allow short-term bookings, you could be missing out on this particular goldmine.
- Use our search function to scope out the price of other parking spaces nearby: if your space is significantly higher than others, you might want to reduce the price to bring it in line.
Go forth and conquer! We’d love to hear about how you get on. If you feel like getting in touch, the comments section below is all yours.